Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fear?

I'm finding it hard to get motivated at work. I know my mood and strength to fight the battle of identity and acceptance and purpose is helped by me doing "a good days' work", but I'm feeling hopeless sometimes.

what's the point?

I used to be motivated by the chance to get approval and affirmation. Now I'm seeing that's no reason to work and not a healthy expectation. But what's left?

"Curiously, although money doesn't buy happiness, happiness can buy money. Young people who describe themselves as happy typically earn higher incomes, years later, than those who said they were unhappy. It seems that a sense of well-being can make you more productive and more likely to show initiative and other traits that lead to a higher income." from NewsWeek.

No comments: