Monday, October 22, 2007

Anger and Resentment



Poking 'round some websites for old school acquaintences, I notice as my memory is piqued, so are some strong emotions.

I am hesitant about getting in touch with any old classmates, mostly because I don't know how I may have treated people. I might have been mean to people who were less attractive than myself. I might have been bitter and angry toward those more popular than me.

I hear very judgemental and shallow stuff going through my head.


Was I a douche?

I can remember a teacher commenting on a bit of writing I did. She pointed out that I came across angry/sarcastic or negative. Hmmm..

What could I have possibly been angry about?
That no one in my life seemed to care or notice me and my struggles?!
That I had to go through teenage years essentially fatherless?!!
That I've built up all the idiotic ways of coping with problems that leave me isolated and burdened with more--and larger--problems!!!

No comments: