Wednesday, July 15, 2009

...Mysterious Ways

Noticed a spray of wee on the floor under the urinal. Is that me? I watched next time, and sure enough... It was! Doh, why am I spraying all over the floor?!! What could I be doing wrong?

After a while I noticed there was no similar puddle under the adjacent toilet, so I went to it and found I wasn't leaking there at all!

Why is this worth writing? Well, it shows how quickly I blame myself. I thought there was something wrong with me (this is true on many levels, some very deeply ingraned). It never occurred to me to look at the evidence and think the problem is with the toilet itself.

When I finally tried a different toilet and saw that I didn't spray at all, I was gobsmacked! So, this isn't my fault at all?!!

Maybe I'm not so flawed and broken underneath it all. Maybe I shouldn't blame everything that goes wrong on me so quickly and automatically.

Just might be worth reconsidering the things that God says about who He's created me to be:

"God in my living
There in my breathing
God in my waking

God in my sleeping
God in my resting
There in my working
God in my thinking
God in my speaking

Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything
Be my everything

God in my hoping
There in my dreaming
God in my wathcing
God in my waiting
God in my laughing
There in my weeping
God in my hurting
God in my healing

Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
You are everything

Christ in me
Christ in me
Christ in me the hope of glory
Be my everything

You are everything
Jesus, Everything"

No comments: