Saturday, January 03, 2009

Not the Cause

So, another thing to look forward to, if you're hanging on by your fingernails....

Twice during this holiday season I've felt a sadness and heaviness descend on me. But somehow, this time I could think clearly and I knew to not assume it's connected to my addiction. Yes, I thought of sex and how I'd like it as an escape and release. But I didn't automatically assume it was triggered by anything to do with sex (like seeing the lingerie in a store, seeing a girl in a skirt, etc.)

So, the sadness still comes, but I don't automatically attribute it to my "loss".

This is a good posting, about an improvement, even though I'm talking about feeling down.

By the way, it didn't trash my whole day, night. It didn't prevent me from enjoying intimacy or end up with me in a rubbish mood or angry.

No comments: