Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Breakthrough



I'm enjoying something that I think is very significant. I don't usually use this kind of jargon, but I'll just use whatever words describe it best: freedom. I'm finding my attitude towards others much less judgemental. It's much easier to live life without the weight of others imperfections pressing down on me, like an expectation that always sits on your shoulder like one of those cartoon "devils", nagging and accusing and blaming and comparing.


Yesterday I was at a funeral and this older fellow came into the ceremony wearing a track-suit! I thought, that's not right, that's not respectful. He's definitely crossed the line. But, who's he offending? The dearly deceased? No, she wouldn't mind at all. The nearest and dearest loved-ones? I doubt it really. So it's really not someone else who I'd be representing if I was offended. It'd be just plain old me. Someone who's experienced grace and acceptance and forgiveness. I'm enjoying the freedom of not being judged..... maybe that's why I'm not judging others (so much).

No comments: