Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Honesty as a Policy

Honest AbeThe other night I was cross and resenting her for not "doing it". Nothing new here, but what was notable is that I was brave and took a chance by being more honest with how I was feeling. I am usually afraid of saying the wrong thing and missing a chance to get what I'm desperate for (sex). This time I went ahead and said what I was thinking. The manipulative thoughts in my head were saying I'd miss out, but I did it anyway.

She was very glad for me to be honest. We managed to reconnect (and there was even sex too). That's what I struggle with, the want for sex and the want to do what's right (and avoid the guilt of being selfish).

If you're struggling, please take some comfort and strength from my experience that it does get easier. It really really does!

Persevere!

No comments: