Friday, May 12, 2006

Childish Ways

TantrumI heard about "self parenting" from the guy who first introduced me to the concept of "trapped emotions".

I've not been able to find much about it on the internet, but it seems like a kid who's left to raise himself to some degree comes up with his own boundaries and self-imposed rules. Not ideal. I can remember bragging and joking that "my bedtime is 2am, unless I'm having a good time"--that was on a school night.

Is it because I'm letting out these teenage emotions that I'm justifying giving myself what I want (orgasm, food, etc.) now? I've never seen myself as having any succeses with discipline, but otherwise this self-parenting is hitting me like a L.S.D. flashback because it's buried down there with all these emotions. Taking away the drug of Masturbation is exposing it all again.

No comments: