Monday, July 17, 2017

gone gone gone

I've let go of another fantasy.  i write this on a flight home from Ireland.  Just returned to my seat from the loo (toilet).  As i was in there, I accepted that it is too small, to smelly, and not private enough for passion.
So, I let go of ever joining the Mile High Club.  It was easy.  I didn't feel angry nor do I expect to miss it.

The whys are plenty, but they aren't really the reason I let go.  Probably a gift from Him that I'm able.
what am I letting go of?  The hope for excitement and an encounter that symbolizes that I am Really really desired.  enough passion to risk embarrassment, social disapproval.  So much passion and desire that usurps common sense.

For every thing I let go of, there is more freedom to enjoy than loss.  It takes some bravery and trust to see it that way.

No comments: